Buying a home can be incredibly overwhelming. It's the first thing that can be pushed back. However, knowing the steps now is always the best way to get started. Here is a few tips on getting started to preparing for your first home purchase!
1. Talk with a lender. Any real estate agent will have a handful of contacts to get started. This is a great time to ask questions such as points, first time home buyer benefits, and to get pre- qualified for a price point. A lender will require the following, sooo go pull these items out of your file:
- Employment history
- Monthly Income
- Debt owed
- Credit Score
- 2 years if tax returns.
2. Interview and work with an Agent. We always recommend to meet and interview a few real estate agents to find the right one that reflects your needs. We recommend you ask if they do the following.
- set up a custom search for you to be sent to your email.
- Help you be well prepared in all cases in a purchase process.
3. Decide on neighborhoods, school districts etc. Drive around and find your favorite areas! Make a day of it!
4. Once you are pre-approved from a Lender- you and your agent can start looking!
It's not overwhelming and the right agent for you will make the process incredibly easy!
Disclaimer: We are a real estate company. Please consult a legal and tax expert before using any of these strategies.